April 30, 2012 by sarastexturecrafts
Finished Size: the cloud is approximately 9cm width by 4.5cm long.
- White base felt
- Felt for eyes, with matching thread
- 100% polyester toy stuffing
- White embroidery thread
- Black embroidery thread
- Sewing needle
- Tracing paper
- Any other decorations you may require.
- Trace the cloud template below on to tracing paper and cut out.
- Draw around the template onto your white felt to create the front cloud shape, remember to turn the template over to draw the back cloud shape on the second piece of felt.
- Cut the cloud shapes out with a pair of scissors.
- Cut out two circles for the eyes from your coloured felt and sew these onto the front cloud shape.
- Decorate the rest of the cloud’s face with either stitch, or fluffy fabric pens (if you have them).
- Sew both ends of the ribbon into the reverse side of the top edge, of the front cloud shape.
- Place the front cloud shape onto the back cloud shape and begin edge stitching together, being careful to leave a hole to fill the cloud with toy stuffing. To edge stitch you can use either a simple edge stitch or a blanket stitch.
- Once you have stuffed the cloud close the hole with stitch.
Why not hang the cloud by your window, so you can see it playing in the sky.
What about attaching the cloud to your keys as a keyring.
Or you could leave off the ribbon and instead once you have finished the cloud attach a brooch, so that you can wear your cloud on your favourite jumper or bag.